Sunday, June 2, 2013

#93 - The Kilted Dragon in Boise, ID


#93
Hoorah!  Boise!  Hoorah! 

I was last in Boise for Thanksgiving and found out about and visited a fairly new brewery, Crooked Fence, while I was there.  Like all the Boise breweries, it was wonderful.  I very highly recommend their Three Picket Porter.  Anyway, while visiting Crooked Fence, I found out that another brewery was about to open later that week just down the street on Chinden Boulevard, Kilted Dragon Brewing.  Naturally, right after I was due to head back to Montana.  When I found I was being sent to Boise for a training class, I let Mom know that going to the Kilted Dragon was a must at some point during my visit.  And what a visit we had!

The owners and brewers had headed to Jackpot, NV, for a poker weekend leaving their wives in charge of the shop.  While not the beer drinkers and aficionados their husbands are, I'm sure,  they were still very knowledgeable, and better still, fun.  And, it turns out, one of the gals is originally from Lewistown (on left); she was the Fergus High eagle back in her high school days.  Small world!

 Mom had one of their signature beers, the Knuckle Dragger Porter and was very happy with it, then went for the Blonde.  I opted for the IPA, and then had another and another.  It was so darned good I just didn't want to try anything else.  It's a nicely balanced, tasty brew.



The highlight of the visit, aside from that IPA... about halfway into our first beer, a great big bunch of people dressed in running attire invaded.  My first thought was that they must be Hashers, but as it turned out, they were just a bunch of pals who decided to spend the day running from brewery to brewery, enjoying a pint at each.  Kilted Dragon was brewery two of their awesome adventure.  I need to get back into running shape.  Seriously.  Actually, there were two other gents in the brewery similarly minded, though they were opting to walk between breweries instead. 
 
Dear man in the Sockeye stocking cap and part of the running bunch, I really enjoyed chatting with you.  I hope I run into you again someday.  Oh, how I miss Boise!










No comments:

Post a Comment